Love to Write? Passionate about Health & Wellness?
Wellness Junky is always looking for new guest writers to join our team and share experiences and tips in their own unique voice. There is no strict commitment to posting as a guest — you can write one article or one hundred, and the topic is pretty much up to you so long as it pertains to travel.
What are the Benefits?
- Gain exposure for your work in a new, growing audience in the health/fitness/food realm
- Receive a byline/author bio, giving you full credit for your post and a backlink to your own site
- Expand the reach of your writing via social media promotion on our end (you should do the same within your networks, giving even more coverage to your work)
What Kind of Content is Needed on Wellness Junky?
If you feel you have a story to tell based on your health or fitness experience, we want you to share it as it might connect to others who are reading it! In addition, we love featuring seasoned nutritionists, trainers, and professionals in the healthcare field for an expert perspective. Our focus is to provide our audience with top notch information that encourages them to get out and put our tips into use – whether it’s the kitchen, the gym, the office or virtually anywhere. There are several formats we feature. For your reference, we generally have several types of formats such as the following:
- Blog posts (informal and more personal recounts)
- Articles (relaying some type of newsworthy subject matter)
- Listicles (numbering a certain amount of tips, exercises, ingredients, etc. on a page)
- and Slideshows (numbering a certain amount of tips, exercises, ingredients, etc. in a slideshow format)
It should also be mentioned that there are a variety of subjects to which you can contribute. This Advice, Community, Eating Well, Exercise Tips & Workouts, News, and Workout Gear. As a contributor you can write in either one or all of these topics if you please!
Want to write for Wellness Junky?
Writing and Submission Guidelines
When developing your piece, think about what inspires you most about health & wellness. If your subject incites passion in you, chances are it will do the same for readers, and that is our ultimate goal. Most importantly, we want to hear your voice in any writing you contribute. Don’t be bland, this is our health we’re talking about! Some more guidelines?
- At least 800 words is great for articles, but feel free to write as extensively as you please.
- Please PROOFREAD. Minor changes may be made to your piece for quality or clarity purposes. The integrity of your article will remain intact. Changing missed spelling errors or grammar issues is not meant to offend you, but improve the post.
- Attach images you want to include with your post with the appropriate attribution and credits included. People like to see what we’re talking about, so using at least one photo is encouraged.
- When including quotes, studies, facts, or stats, please include a SOURCE so the reader knows that this is valid information.
- Please send over your ideas and a link to your blog or attach samples of your work to get started as a guest writer for the website.